Every season has its challenges when it comes to your workout plans, but summertime is unique in that the combination of heat and humidity provides a unique set of circumstances that you will need to overcome. Here are some tips for you to ensure you don’t lose the momentum you’ve gained over the past few months in reaching your health and fitness goals.
1. Avoid Caffeine. I know that sounds strange, but think about it for a moment. Caffeine is a diuretic that forces water out of your body. That is the last thing you need when the weather outside is doing the same thing to you. If you have trouble completely cutting it out of your daily routine, make sure you wait for several hours after you work out to ensure you do not become dehydrated.
2. Increase your water intake. This should be a no-brainer. The heat and humidity of summer signals your body to lose more water per hour than any other season. Drink plenty of water before, during and after you work out to decrease the possibility of dehydration and any ill effects from extreme heat.
3. Take breaks. It is quite likely that you will need to take more breaks for you to keep performing at your best. Don’t overdo it.
4. Wear summer-appropriate workout clothes. Find clothes that will wick the sweat away from your body to allow it to evaporate quickly.
5. Either hit the gym or work out early or late. A mid-day lunch break jog should be reallocated to a different time of day. If you’re partial to exercising outside, take into account the daily temperatures. Working out earlier in the mornings or later at night should be your new go-to in order to avoid the hottest parts of the day. If you’re able, moving your workouts indoors may provide the best of both worlds. You can stick to whatever schedule you like and you’ll also be held accountable for your fitness routines.
Summer doesn’t have to mean a hiatus for your workout routine. Take these summer workout tips into account to keep up your progress toward your goals!
Who is Pure Motivation Fitness?
- We help busy business professionals & stressed moms & dads look better naked, regain their work-life-family balance & improve sex drive in less than 90 days.
- We teach you to eat & exercise for your unique body-type.
- No more obsessing about fitness
- No more fad diets
Are You Ready to Take Action and Get Started? Have A Question About COVID Safety or Pricing?
Take charge of your fitness & nutrition today. Click the BUTTON BELOW to schedule a complimentary Discovery Call and together we will plan your 90-day of body transformation.