Nobody ever said that it would be easy. Getting healthy is not a quick fix and staying on track is a lifelong endeavor. But, you may be sabotaging your own success and not even realize it!
Here are 5 Habits That Can Stall Your Healthy Lifestyle.
1. When thinking about habits to put on this list, the number one thing that came to mind is what kinds of beverages you consume. We are so accustomed to sweet flavors that we automatically gravitate toward sodas, juices, and flavored coffees. The problem with all of these drinks is that they are full of sugar and unnecessary calories. Try to migrate your tastebuds to the “good side” and stick with water, infused water, and unsweetened coffee and tea. It may take a few weeks before you stop craving the sweet flavors, but you’ll thank me for this advice in the long run.
2. Stocking the shelves of your pantry with unhealthy snacks. Let’s be honest, if it’s in the house, the likelihood of you consuming an array of unhealthy snacks increases tenfold. Just stop buying it. If it’s not around, you can’t eat it, plain and simple. Don’t derail your healthy lifestyle journey before you even have a chance to begin. Choose fresh veggies, nuts & seeds or homemade snacks.
3. Not drinking enough water. I’ve spoken about this many times in the past, but it’s incredibly important to continue to hydrate yourself with water throughout the day. Water is an integral ingredient in a healthy lifestyle and overall wellness as it directly affects many of our body’s systems and how they function. Add a lemon, lime, or some orange, cucumber wedges to add flavor but avoid juices and other high sugar coffee drinks.
4. Avoiding all exercise outside the gym. Your 30 minutes in the gym is a great start, but you need to try to add a few extra minutes here and there to increase your overall wellness. Take the stairs, park far away from the entrance to a store so you have to walk a few extra steps, throw a ball around with your kids, take the dog out for a walk, just about anything that will get you up and moving around throughout the day.
5. Sleep deprivation also plays a large part in your ability to control your weight and stay on a healthy lifestyle path. Without an adequate number of hours a night, your body does not have the ability to fully recover from a workout, stave off disease, balance hormones and control the ability to lose weight. Set a reverse alarm to remind you it’s time to go to bed 1/2h prior so you can begin the process, slowly transition from laptop, TV, cell phone to slowly reading and shutting down.
Take your healthy lifestyle journey one day at a time, but keep in mind that it only works if you are consistent and dedicated to the end result in every aspect of your life. Good luck! If you would like help defining your goals and achieving them, contact us. We’re here to help!
If you’re new to exercise or seeking that athletic, active and lean physique and not sure where to start? Click the box below to set up a free Discovery Call to help guide you through, what your Body Type is and what’s the best program and nutrition for you!
Who is Pure Motivation Fitness?
- We help busy business professionals & stressed moms & dads look better naked, regain their work-life-family balance & improve sex drive in less than 90 days.
- We teach you to eat & exercise for your unique body-type.
- No more obsessing about fitness
- No more fad diets
Are You Ready to Take Action and Get Started? Have A Question About Pricing?
Take charge of your fitness & nutrition today. Click the BUTTON BELOW to schedule a complimentary Discovery Call and together we will plan your 90-day of body transformation.