Staying the course with nutrition is often the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle change. And with nearly 80% of weight loss success is tied into proper nutrition, it’s quite possibly the most important part of the equation. One thing that makes it incredibly difficult is a lack of knowledge when it comes to recipes and the thought that it just isn’t going to taste very good. That’s why we like to provide healthy, balanced recipes once a month to help you get new food into your rotation. Healthy can be delicious and these recipes will prove it!
Here is October’s Food for Thought Recipe
Veganism has been receiving more and more attention lately as more people look to improve their health. Sometimes, it can be difficult to find recipes that completely fit. There are plenty of vegetarian recipes out there, but if you are truly going the vegan route, eliminating all products derived from animals including eggs and dairy, the list grows smaller. I recently have come across a delicious recipe that my entire family enjoyed. For those of you who are not vegans or vegetarians, you can add chopped chicken on top of the noodles for an extra source of protein. Hope you enjoy!
Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic Sauce
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 medium/large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- Parsley, for garnish
- Optional: Harissa
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk/coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
1. Peel the sweet potato, and chop off both ends. Cut in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade.
2. Heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add sweet potato noodles, and toss so noodles are evenly coated in oil. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes until noodles are soft, moving noodles around frequently.
3. While noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. Blend ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth. You may have to do this a few times. Taste, and add salt as desired, as the sauce may have a slight sweetness from coconut milk.
4. When noodles are done, transfer to a bowl. Top with sunflower seeds. In the same pan on low heat, add sauce, and stir until warm, about a minute or so. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Top with parsley and harissa, if desired. Serve warm.
Healthy can be delicious if you find the right recipe! Start a rotating list of your favorites so you’re never left without a plan! If you are looking for new ways to improve your nutrition, please contact us. We’re here to help!
If your a busy professional, career-oriented parent with kids 40+ that’s seeking to burn fat build more muscle, and find the balance between work, life, and fitness, our staff specializing in Body Type-specific training are can make that first step easy for you.
Click this LINK and let’s schedule a 15 min Discovery Call today so you can learn more about how we can help you.
Who is Pure Motivation Fitness?
- We help busy business professionals & stressed moms & dads look better naked, regain their work-life-family balance & improve sex drive in less than 90 days.
- We teach you to eat & exercise for your unique body-type.
- No more obsessing about fitness
- No more fad diets
Are You Ready to Take Action and Get Started? Have A Question About COVID Safety or Pricing?
Take charge of your fitness & nutrition today. Click the BUTTON BELOW to schedule a complimentary Discovery Call and together we will plan your 90-day of body transformation.