I wanted to share a great quote with you today by Swami Vivekanda which says
EXPANSION IS LIFE…CONTRACTION IS DEATH
This quote, along with a sermon I listed to this past Sunday by a pastor named Steve Furtick got me thinking differently this week and I wanted to share my vision with you on “Why we should let go to receive & how certain changes that we can’t control in life are there to make us stronger and transform us to improve and be empowered. Hope you enjoy it!
Certain changes must be forced upon us:
No matter how bad things can get, we all have a choice in life and we all can make decisions
Will you allow certain changes, stresses, adversities, obstacles to challenge or change you?, Make you stronger or weaker?
- God sometimes takes away what we have, what we need, or what we are used to, to allow us to overcome adversity
- We have all had to adjust, adapt and for some Improve/ Deteriorate
- Think of Jan this year as a lesson for us all and what you can learn from 2020
- For Me Covid has taught me I must live with a higher standard of gratitude:
-I have a job, a family that loves me and is there for me, a partner that has been through thick and thin with me and will be by my side, I have my health, clients that love us and cant wait to return & a team of dedicated staff
- We must get used to struggle, uncertainty, challenge and regular disruption in our lives (covid has come to our world to allow us to appreciate what we have )
Loosen the grip on your life:
- Went to my doctor to fix my now golfers elbow as i had fixed my tennis elbow pain 4 years ago with PRP injection despite me never ever playing tennis. Now I have golfers elbow which is related to the same type of injury = holding my grip tight and constantly tensing on my elbow from repetitive pronation and supination , flexion and extension movements with my arms.
- The doctor told me to “loosen my grip” to help heal the torn, over used tendons in my elbow joint
- The Control Freaks will suffer in 2021 as we all had our lives disrupted in 2020 and we are constantly squeezing the grip we have on life, work, family, our goals, our health and more. And because of this tight grip we are blinded to see whats important in our lives and constantly living in tension, stress, anxiety, anxiousness which leads to poor health
- If you change your grip…not let go you will be able to adapt, and transform your attitude, your energy, your state, your mindset, your actions and your ability to make impact vs be impacted.
We must let go of yesterday to receive tomorrow:
- Not only did God say in the bible we must let go of yesterday to receive tomorrow but its evident in:- life,- in sports, -in our relationships-in our business-with our health
- Release what you cant control and I am a prime example of not doing this sometimes.
- Its time to unlearn what you know or what you think you actually have control of to allow what you cant to not control you
- We are not looking for a new normal , as what we had wasn’t so normal? (our schedules, our habits, our social media/technology addiction, or lack of fitness (for some) & in contrast the addition of our fitness (for some), our lack of attention for our spouses (for some) and family time…the list can go on
- Balance is the new normal when it comes to each of our own independent thought’s of pessimism, our survival skills and how we deal with challenge
- Lets Look forward to experiencing a new normal despite it being so hard to let go of the past & what we thought was normal
- Just because you were used to a certain life, certain way of thinking, certain way of neglecting your body, your mind, your family, your business or even your personal development because you felt your not good enough
- We often get stuck in life and life in a way that is non productive to ourselves, (work hours, quality family time, quality spouse time, taking care of our health, our community)
Do you & will you conform to 2021 or will you transform in 2021:
- This month, in February you need to set your mental agenda first
- We all need to bury 2020 and remove the fog that is still attached to us to be able to see the opportunity in 2021-We lost over 1/2 of our clients, we lost all of our corporate training programs, we lost staff, we lost revenue and momentum but we ( and I as a leader) must move on and not allow these losses to define us moving forward
- How do you let go when you don’t know how? Just try to, Just stand up for yourself, Just plan it Just do it or else Fear will be your new norm for 2021. -Fear lingers where uncertainty lies. -Fear attaches itself to weak mindsets, fear traps ideas, visions and hopes of opportunity. -Fear traps those who have failed, lost or not tried to better themselves or their health which eventually kills you
How to overcome fear & uncertainty:
- We can only overcome fear and uncertainty from the inside out. Too many of us fail because we try to focus on the external world, our external thoughts, our external habits but we should focus on the inner set of core values.
- Core values , beliefs and the ability to take action in the right direction of life starts when you learn to loosen your grip on things.
- Loosen your grip on the way you listen, touch, taste, hear and feel life
- Unlearn your bad habits by loosening your grip on the way you perceive life as we sometimes cannot control life
- Our Posture, Our Tonality, Our Choice of words, Our Body Language, Our Morning & Evening Routine, Our diets, our ability to move our bodies = all work together to define our STATE.
- The vessel in which society or the world sees us by is all dependant of our STATE: do we seem happy, sad, excited, determined, confident, opportunistic or do we sound or appear the opposite: negative, upset, frustrated, easily irritable, not interested in change or challenge
- LETS USE OUR DAILY PRODUCTION CHECKLIST TO KEEP US IN LINE
- letting go of fear can only be accomplished if you let go of old, poor, negative or unproductive habits and replacing them with something that will help you or others improve, move forward and do so with optimism
- New habits = New happiness:-you used to go to bed late, so now you go to bed 1/2 h earlier-you used to have 1-2 drinks at night to cool the stress now you read for 1/2 hour’-you used to yell at your wife/kids when you came home from work and were stressed, so now you take 5 min to prepare your mindset before going into the house every night and listen to music to calm you -you used to eat sweets, junk food or carbs not healthy for you when you were mad, sad or scared, no you eat veggies, log how you feel in your journal or listen to music when stressed
- The way the world is wired is already messed up with so much pressure for us to look a certain way, talk a certain way, have a certain amount of followers follow your social accounts and more. All of this and more are merely fog that is getting in the way of you seeing, realizing and experiencing whats truly important in life and without letting go or letting lose of your grip on life, what you feel you do control and letting go of the past (whether it be 2020 or not) you cant receive what the future holds for you because your vision is blurred and your not paying attention to the present joys and miracles we have right in front of us…The ability to be alive!
May you all enjoy each and every day of life you have on this planet and try to let go of what you cant control to receive what is waiting for you.
Attitude is everything