Good morning and Happy Monday Everyone!
We are 9 months into the 2020 year, we have all been experiencing anxiety, stress, frustration and uncertainty due to the surprise and insurgence of Covid19 this year and the entire world has been affected.
Businesses, professional sports, families, the entire global economy has been affected yet we have been resilient, dedicated and proactive as an entire human species to try and fight off this horrible virus and have all tried to do our best with our families, our communities and our businesses to make the best of what we have! Yet are we happy?
Are you faking your happiness?
Are you battling your inner self each day and toss back and forth over the invisible happiness line in your head and struggle to stay happy?
I know I have sometimes. I’ve battled the voices in my head that jump in as soon as my eyes wake up in the morning and say, “Will you be losing your community, your members or business due to Covid? Are you going to be able to motivate, educate and inspire others today when you are concerned about your own stresses?”
These are all common fears but Happiness is a choice we make! Its a decision that we have to make daily and stick to it and after watching a 15 min morning clip from Tony Robbins a few days ago (I too search for motivational videos to keep my self talk as elevated as I can and at peak leavels) I realized that the words Happiness is a decision are going to become my new motto, and my newest tatoo!
I wanted to share with you the 12 ways you too can make Happiness be a decision you make in your life and change your outlook in life, your mental state and the way you, me and we all respond to life, its challenges and any more obstacles we may face.
I hope you enjoy these tips, and if you do please share them with others, I’d love to hear your feedback!
Happy people aren’t held hostage by their circumstances and that they don’t seek happiness in people or possessions.
They understand that once we stop chasing the world’s definition of happiness, we start to ascertain the choice to experience happiness has been right ahead folks right along . Research in the field of positive psychology continues to reinforce this understanding. But simply knowing that happiness may be a choice isn’t enough. Fully experiencing it still requires a conscious decision to settle on happiness every day .
Here are 12 ways to help you make “Happiness A Decision” in your life not an emotion that’s uncontrollable
1. Count your blessings. Happy people prefer to specialize in the positive aspects of life instead of the negative. They set their minds on specific reasons to be grateful. They express it when possible. And they quickly discover there’s always, always, something to be grateful for.
2. Carry a smile. A smile is a wonderful beautifier. But quite that, studies indicate that creating an emotion-filled face carries influence over the emotions processed by the brain. Our countenance can influence our brain in only an equivalent way our brains influence our face. In other words, you’ll actually program yourself to experience happiness by choosing to smile. Not to mention, all the beautiful smiles you’ll receive reciprocally for flashing yours is additionally bound to increase your happiness level.
3. Speak daily affirmation into your life. Affirmations are positive thoughts accompanied with affirmative beliefs and private statements of truth. They are recited in the first person, present tense (“I am…”). Affirmations used daily can release stress, build confidence, and improve outlook. For maximum effectiveness, affirmations should be chosen carefully, be based in fact , and address current needs. Here is a list of 100 daily affirmations to help you get started.
4. Wake up on your terms. Most folks have alarm clocks programmed due to the expectations of others: a workplace, a school, or a waking child. That’s probably not going to change. But that doesn’t mean we have to lose control over our mornings in the process. Wake up just a touch bit early and establish an empowering, meaningful, morning routine. Start each day on your terms. The next 23 hours will many thanks for it.
5. Hold back a complaint. The next time you would like to attack in verbal complaint towards an individual , a situation, or yourself, don’t. Instead, humbly keep it to yourself. You’ll likely diffuse an unhealthy, unhappy environment. But quite that, you’ll experience joy by choosing peace during a difficult situation.
6. Practice one life-improving discipline. There is happiness and fulfillment to be found in personal growth. To know that you simply have intentionally devoted time and energy to non-public improvement is one among the foremost satisfying feelings you’ll ever experience. Embrace and practice a minimum of one act of self-discipline every day . This could be exercise, budgeting, or guided-learning… whatever your life needs today to continue growing. Find it. Practice it. Celebrate it.
7. Use your strengths. Each folks have natural talents, strengths, and skills . And once we use them effectively, we feel alive and cozy in our skin. They help us find joy in our being and happiness in our design. So embrace your strengths and prefer to operate within your giftedness every day . If you would like to seek out this outlet outside your employment, by all means, find this outlet.
8. Accomplish one important task. Because happy people choose happiness, they take hold over their lives. They don’t make decisions based on a need to pursue joy. Instead, they operate out of the satisfaction they need already chosen. They realize there are demands on their time, helpful pursuits to accomplish, and important contributions to form to the planet around them. Choose one important task that you simply can accomplish every day . And find joy in your contribution.
9. Eat a healthy meal/snack. We are spiritual, emotional, and mental beings. We are also physical bodies. Our lives cannot be wholly separated into its parts. As a result, one aspect always influences the others. For example, our physical bodies will always have impact over our spiritual and emotional well-being. Therefore, caring for our physical well-being can have significant benefit for our emotional standing. One simple action to settle on happiness today is to eat healthy foods. Your human body will thank you… then will your emotional well-being.
10. Treat others well. Everyone wants to be treated kindly. But quite that, deep down, we also want to treat others with an equivalent respect that we might like given to us. Treat everyone you meet with kindness, patience, and grace. The Golden Rule is a powerful standard. It benefits the receiver. But also brings growing satisfaction in yourself as you seek to treat others as you’d wish to be treated.
11. Meditate. Find time alone in solitude. As our world increases in speed and noise, the power to withdraw becomes even more essential. Studies confirm the importance and life-giving benefits of meditation. So take time to make time. And use meditation to look inward, connect spiritually, and improve your happiness today.
12. Search for benefit in your pain. This life can be difficult. Nobody escapes without pain. At some point—in some way—we all encounter it. When you do, remind yourself again that the trials could also be difficult, but they’re going to pass. And search deep to find meaning in the pain. Choose to look for the benefits that can be found in your trial. At the very least, perseverance is being built. And presumably , a capability to comfort others in their pain is additionally being developed.
Happiness is a decision, now don’t forget that!
Have a great day, relax, rejoice & reflect!