Whether or not you have kids, summer is a generally accepted time to take vacations. Many people use vacations as a motivator when it comes to amping up their fitness and nutrition routines in an effort to make room to indulge when they arrive at their destinations. While there, they definitely indulge, but also they tend to choose to relax in lieu of exercises. But, then when they return, they are back to square one: plagued with fatigue and off the wagon when it comes to their nutrition plan.
There’s a better way. Vacation doesn’t need to be an excuse to go off the deep end when it comes to your healthy lifestyle. There is a way to balance everything out – in fact, that is the goal of a healthy lifestyle- balance.
Set goals for yourself and stick to them, no matter your location. Just because you may not be home doesn’t need to mean that you should stop the progress you’ve made!
Focus on what your body is telling you. If you’re hungry, eat sensibly. If you’re tired, sleep. If you feel like moving around, take a walk, schedule a hike, go for a bike ride, run, or whatever else you can find nearby. And, if you want to try the local flavours for dessert, try it, but you don’t necessarily need to finish every last morsel. Your body will thank you.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your vacation while remaining on plan.
1. Food is fuel. Eat what makes you feel good inside. If you really want to try something decadent, try it, but do your best not to overindulge.
2. Plan ahead in terms of your goals for the vacation. As long as you know what you’re getting into, having a plan ahead of time for how you want to eat or exercise while you’re away can save you the guilt of overdoing it later.
3. Rest and unplug. The best part of vacation is not being instantly accessible to bosses, colleagues, clients and everyone else who is a drain on your time. Be present and enjoy your time away.
If you keep these tips in mind, you’ll return home feeling refreshed and further down the path toward health and wellness that you started.
Who is Pure Motivation Fitness?
- We help busy business professionals & stressed moms & dads look better naked, regain their work-life-family balance & improve sex drive in less than 90 days.
- We teach you to eat & exercise for your unique body-type.
- No more obsessing about fitness
- No more fad diets
Are You Ready to Take Action and Get Started? Have A Question About COVID Safety or Pricing?
Take charge of your fitness & nutrition today. Click the BUTTON BELOW to schedule a complimentary Discovery Call and together we will plan your 90-day of body transformation.